Like much of the nation we have had weeks of intense heat and drought. Being from the Midwest I grew up with this and expect July and August to be hot and often dry but after a few weeks of triple digit highs and lows that only rarely dip below 90˚ a person can begin to long for cool water and soothing beach.
It is so nice to have this spot to just come back to whenever I want (usually late afternoon when it is hottest here) and dream a little dream. Hey Darlene - isn't there a song by that name?
So come on over and join Darlene and me on the beach with an ice cold drink of your choice.
I am right there with you, Carol. I have been wanting to walk along the beach and have a nice cool drink.
ReplyDeleteI agree as it is warmest here until the sun goes down, a nice time to dream a little dream. We are lucky to have a lot of cool nights and mornings when the sun is not up or has gone down. There is a song called dream a little dream. Love it.
I hope you will join Carol and me on the beach and have a nice cold drink with us.